Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Things that go 'baa, thump' in the night

Well in the afternoon anyways.

I picked Smiley up yesterday, and we toddled around gathering deliciousness (in the form of Salmon and Vodka) in the afternoon.

Somewhere between the shops and the pub.... a baa lamb was innocently (if somewhat stupidly) toddling along the road.

I couldn't swerve left or we'd be dead in the ditch, I couldn't swerve right or I'd hit the 4wd coming in at about 100km. I braked for all I was worth.

Thud.

Fuck.

I had to go back and find out what happened to BaaBaa.

He wasn't on the road.

He wasn't in the ditch by the side of the road.

BaaBaa the flying sheep was lying in the paddock.... 25 METRES away from the road.

What the fuck?

How does a dead flying lamb fly that far???

We got the giggles (to smother our horror/discomfort) which turned to distress as allllll the other sheepies in the paddock wigged out and bolted off up the hill away from us (obviously marking us as the mass murder type).

Anyhoo in true (of late) me style we came home, had a delicious dinner (I even managed to make coconut jelly!) before downing the bottle of vodka and a lot of red wine just for the hell of it.

I am the only one in the house (apart from the dog) that hasn't thrown their guts up. (Classy or what).

I put it down to the hard training I've been doing this week (at drinking, not at the gym).

Night before last I had a 'quiet knock off' drink with one of the regulars at work. That took nearly six hours to finish... me thinks my kidney has come out waving the white flag!

Must sod off, trying to con uncle into lending us the adorable shack (will force Smiley onto the tennis court) muahahahaha. If she's stopped hurling that is

4 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Now that was wasteful!
You should have hauled that Baa baa home and had a lamb roast!

9:50 PM  
Blogger LuSh said...

well baa baa was still fleecy and on the wrong side of barbed wire with possibly no longer intact stomachy/poopy organs... oh yeah... and there was the guilt of scaring a whole flock of stoopid sheep into feeling like we were murderers!!!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Susanne said...

That sounds scary. I've never hit a sheep but anything car-crash-ish freaks me out.

8:28 AM  
Blogger LuSh said...

I've had runins with possums, close calls with wallabies (Skaed has a smashed front bumper to attest to his runin).

The sheep was somewhat more disturbing... lambies are not your average roadkill.

But oh well, we're all OK, cept for BaaBaa and a lotta sheeps with complexes about evil humans.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home