Saturday, June 23, 2007

Rude Start to the Day

You just KNOW when the phone rings at 6am (twice) that it can't be good news.

Poor Skaed was innocently toddling to work for another (obscene) 6am start this morning. I heard the phone ring... it was dark, figured I'd best answer it as only the brave/needy would bother calling me on a Sunday while it's dark. Mornington has claimed another victim. He was doing around 70km/h in the pitch black 5.45amness (you know that cold cold hour before the sun decides to wake it's lazy ass up) when some black ice jumped up and bit the tyres and steered him into the guard rail.


We now have confirmation that the air bag worked, though it did smack him slightly in the eyeball (makes me look like a man-beater) and the handbrake had a slight stab to bruise his forearm. Apart from that and some obvious well deserved shakiness he's all good.

The car.... well the damage from hitting a kangaroo last year will get fixed now, coz the cracked bumper is now utterly smashed to pieces. The front left corner of the car is somewhat abbreviated... the wheel looks like a normal one but the enginey type stuff looks to be kinda outta shape and it don't go no more.

Once I hauled my sorry holidaying ass out of bed to go collect I realised my car wasn't under the carport so was more a glacier tone of white and frozen stiff. The hose was also frozen stiff. Unearthed the bloody bucket and of course while elegantly sluicing water across the windscreen I slopped it down my leg. Made it up to evil Mornington unscathed, parked the car and this fog just rocked on in turning the highway into a pit of fog and icy goodness.

Thanks to the coppers who gave me a few major giggles yelling at people driving too fast, asking the other cop to back the car up a little, just to make sure he wasn't the last one driving as last time he was in this situation someone wrote off the police car he was driving.... and the ultimate blog fodder comment:

Some times I think they really shouldn't issue us with guns
Then the tow truck fairy came and hauled poor lil lonely cold Peeves the Pulsar onto the flat bed. Whilst this was happening the Citybound lanes were pretty much full of tow-truck so the cops were slowing the cars righttttttttt down. Of course one supreme wanker came in SO hot he nearly took out the cop and the two stopped cars in front of him. TWAT.

Oh joy, guess I'll be starting my days at 5am quite a bit. Yes we still have 2 cars at our disposal but no neither are auto therefore only I can drive them. Doh.

Anyhoo enough typing in gloves (it's actually not that hard). Time for breakfast and a lovely call to make a slight insurance claim. Poor bastards, 2 cars in less than 12 months.

After my fingers thaw I might post some frosticle photo's from this morning for the whinging Queenslanders

4 Comments:

Blogger Just Me said...

argh gees.. I hope Skaed is feeling ok soon!

So sorry to hear about the accident... grateful that the injuries were not too serious.

Ice is a dangerous bitch .. I hope spring comes for u soon !

ps.
How the hell do u get a name like Skaed anyway?..

5:53 AM  
Blogger Melly` said...

Ditto on Skaed...

And I dont mind looking at PICTURES of frosticles.

2:19 AM  
Blogger LuSh said...

Skaed is fine (and the name comes from a passion for Ska music, don't look at me, it's not something I would have come up with).

Looks like the car's a write off.

Beware people... it could soon be car shopping season!

4:13 AM  
Blogger Just Me said...

Ska music.. lol good stuff that !

good luck with the car search :D

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home